(NC) Between holiday parties and New Year’s resolutions, it can be easy to forget the care and maintenance of everyday things, like your car. Here are five reasons why, just like an oil change, rust-protection is part of regular car care that you shouldn’t forget amid the hustle and bustle.
- Longer vehicle life. The average person will buy 10 to 12 vehicles in their lifetime. An annual rust protection that’s part of your regular maintenance can help extend the life of your vehicle, lowering this number dramatically and saving you tens of thousands of dollars in the long term.
- Safety. Over time, rust can weaken important structural elements, compromising the strength of the undercarriage. Rust-proofing helps protect essential structural areas like frame rails, door pillars, and the thousands of spot welds that hold your vehicle together.
- Canadian winters. The de-icing chemicals used on today’s roads are causing even new vehicles to corrode quickly — especially the electronic components. Protect your investment with a reputable rust protection program from a company like Krown. Through testing and research in some of the harshest climates in Canada and the eastern United States, it has developed a superior product able to withstand high humidity, constant exposure to corrosive road salt, and abrasion from road dirt and debris.
- Lower repair costs. Repairing rust damage is expensive. Fortunately, rust-proofing your car means rust is unable to rot through your vehicle’s important structure and body panels. It keeps electrical connections from corroding, further lengthening the life of the vehicle and reducing the common and expensive repairs related to vehicle wiring. A rust protection product that is solvent-free can also protect pricey high-tech sensors in vehicles that come with extra bells and whistles.
- Higher resale value. Have you ever looked through used vehicle listings? The price for similar vehicles can vary greatly. One of the contributing factors to a vehicle having a higher resale value is the condition of the body. Whether your vehicle is new or used, you can expect a rust-free body to get you the maximum value for sale or trade-in.